Sometimes we don't know the best way to approach other people and situations. We've compiled some advice here:
- Factur strives to promote an open and welcoming culture. We like the fact that we're a public resource for the community. To keep this kind of openness in our community, it takes a little more effort in a social sense to keep things running smoothly. Being part of an open community can be a challenge sometimes. Try to display a little extra politeness, a little extra patience, a little extra cleanliness and a little extra friendliness.
- Ask before touching another person or entering their personal space. Interpret the absence of a clear “Yes” as a “No” and abide by it.
- When community members and guests express a limit to the amount and type of socializing they wish to engage in, abide by that limit.
- You are encouraged to express any socializing limits you may have.
- When you question whether a joke, question, statement, or other communication would be considered inappropriate, just let it go! A good rule of thumb is to imagine your grandmother is in the room, would you still tell that joke?
- When you are asked to stop any harassing behavior, comply immediately.
- Always strive to be excellent to your fellow Facturians.
- Our primary policy is to "Be Excellent to Each Other." If you're not being excellent to your other members, expect to get called out for it. If you don't know whether or not something you're doing is excellent, odds are, it isn't.